01 June 2008

I found a church!

My roommate and I visited Tremont Temple Baptist Church this morning, and I absolutely loved it! It's a slightly more traditional service than I have at home, with hymnals and the ministers in robes and whatnot. They have an organ that's absolutely gorgeous that they actually play, which I think is amazing. All throughout the sermon you could see the emphasis on prayer, the Bible, and missions. You could really just feel the love of God in that church, and you could sense the sincerity of the people there. They were extremely welcoming, with one or two practically running us down just to say hi to a couple unfamiliar faces. They have a gospel choir (!!) that was having a short practice after service that I was invited to, so I tagged along with that and sang with them and it was really cool. Within the church and the choir there's a whole mix of races and ages. I met a whole lot of people and felt really welcomed. I'm really excited to go back next week.  :)

No comments: