20 May 2008

Summer Apartment and Roommate

Well, I'm here in Boston. My flights went without any significant event. When I got here I had to wait for like an hour and a half before they'd let me in to my apartment, but my roommate had to wait like three hours, so I don't feel too bad. Just typical university inefficiency.

My apartment
The apartment is mostly just old, but it's not too bad. Kind of small and not very open. There are two bedrooms (kind of), but Rachel (my roommate) and I decided to move into one bedroom and then use the other one as a den/TV room. My desk is in there too.  We have a tiny little bathroom that's only kind of gross (it is campus housing) and a fairly big kitchen, with a fairly big fridge. It's so nice to have a fridge and a stove and an oven and the means to make my own meals. We apparently don't have a microwave, so we're going to try and look for a cheap one. So overall the apartment's not spectacular, not too bad, probably about what you'd expect for a campus apartment.

My roommate
My roommate's name is Rachel and she's really really sweet. She's from NY, but spent a year in Boston, so she knows her way around a little bit. So far we've been getting along really well. We're both coming from stressful semesters and want to be able to enjoy Boston with as little stress as possible. We've found we complement each other nicely. She does all the decorating for the apartment, and I do the organizing. It's working out well so far. She's really easy to get along with. It should be a fun summer. :)

1 comment:

Tyler Dzuba said...

Yay, update! Glad to hear that housing stuffs are going well. And, yes, having the means to cook food right there is ridiculously amazing.