20 June 2008

I have an internship!

So, as expected, I'm bad at keeping this thing updated. I've been pretty busy with classes recently; last week was midterms, this week is papers, and next week is finals. The biggest thing that happened this week is that I had an interview for an internship, and I got it, which means I know where I'll be working for the second half of the summer. I'll be working at Consensus Building Institute, a nonprofit that works both domestically and internationally with governments, NGO's, corporations, and individuals on conflict resolution and negotiation. So, for instance, say there's an NGO in Kenya that's fighting with the government over something, CBI will come in and mediate and help resolve the issue. They work with the UN a lot too, which I think is really cool. It's a project-based organization, so I'll have some freedom as to what exactly I want to work on. It's also only a 15 minute bus ride from my apt, so it's nice not to have a huge long commute. And it's right on the edge of MIT (it was founded by an MIT professor), so it's in a pretty area too. Overall, I'm pretty excited about it. I start on the Monday after the fourth, so I'll have to let you guys know how it goes. 

No comments: