17 October 2007

London

This past weekend a group of us went to London for Saturday and Sunday. It was a lot of fun! We flew there Saturday morning, then checked in and ate lunch at our hostel/pub. I had to register for classes for next semester at 3.15 London time, so I found an internet cafe and got that out of the way. Then we just kind of wandered a while, figured out the Tube, went by Buckingham Palace, etc, then Caitlin and I had to head back to the hostel to get ready to go see LES MISERABLES that night. I was so excited!

Les Mis was awesome! I've read the book (multiple times) and know the music inside out, so it was great to finally see the play as it was meant to be seen. I tried not to cry too much. It was soooo good. Unfortunately, because of Les Mis, I had to miss the France-England rugby game (semi-finals of the World Cup, which is being hosted in France, and even partly in Montpellier). At intermission people were checking the score and France was winning, but when we got out of Les Mis we learned that we'd ended up losing, which was sad. Oh well.

Sunday we just wandered around and were tourists. Saw all the exciting things in London. We actually had good weather: partly cloudy, no rain, didn't even really need a jacket except late at night. Walking around and sightseeing is fun.

Monday morning we got up at 2am, caught a cab at 2.45, caught a bus at 3.30, got to the airport at 5, caught our plane at 6, and got back to France at 9. I had been planning on going to my classes that day, but by the time my hostdad picked us up at the airport at 9.30, we were all exhuasted and I just went home and slept til 6 that night. Also, my hostdad taught me the French phrase for cutting class. We had crepes for dinner. It was yummy.

Yay England!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The kids miss you, but pray for you twice a day.

However, I'm not sure I'm going to let them read your latest blog entry about cutting classes--you're not being a good example as an older "sibling." [snicker]

Affectionately,
yucko (Dad #2)